Wednesday, July 18, 2012

AcceleDent

When I went in for one of my consults the Orthodontist mentioned an extra I could purchase which accelerates the movement of your teeth, which therefore minimises the total treatment time.

I have 37 aligners to get through and at two weeks each, that would be an approximate 18 months treatment time. Plus the additional time it would take for refinements if I need them.

Using AcceleDent would mean I only have to wear the aligners for one week each, effectively halving my treatment time. This information was EXTREMELY appealing to me. The only downside, is the AcceleDent was an additional $1300 on top of the original $7500 Invisalign cost.

After having the first aligner in for a few days my impatience got the better of me, so back to the Orthodontist I went to pick up one of these miracle machines.
The AcceleDent is a hand held device that you pop in your mouth every day for 20 minutes. It pulses very slightly but the movement assists with aligning of your teeth. It essentially helps jiggle them into place.

Again I was a little concerned that it may hurt a little, as the old saying goes 'No pain, No gain.' So I bit down on the mouthpiece and set it going. The vibrations are really gentle and you can forget it is in your mouth, apart from the drool factor.
At the end of the treatment I can sell the machine back too which is good, I will be able to recoup some costs (don't worry they replace the mouthpiece part).

I would definitely recommend the AcceleDent to anyone who wants to reduce their treatment time. It isn't inconvenient at all, I
 just pop it in while watching tv at night and forget about it.

My dog does look at me weird though...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jojo,
    Thanks for posting your story. I just got fitted for Invisalign and pretty nervous about wearing the trays every day for a year. I am looking to buy an Acceledent to speed up the process. If you are finished with your one please let me know if you are looking to sell it for $500. I live in Sydney and happy to cover postage too.

    My email address is : lyn_blake@hotmail.com

    Thank you

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete