Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Invisalign Treatment Approval

So it has been a while since I updated this Blog, a lot has happened since my initial post whereby I was considering getting Invisalign treatment.

I decided to go ahead with the treatment, after my initial consultations my orthodontist confirmed Invisalign was suitable for my teeth and treatment would take 37 retainers on the top and bottom.

I wouldn't need any teeth extractions (yay) but I would need several attachments and possibly need to wear lacky bands for a part of the treatment.

As you can see in this photo my top teeth are overcrowded at the front, with the two front teeth hiding at the back a little. So what they need to do is pull my two front teeth forward and push the surrounding teeth back. To make room along the way they will also file in between some of my teeth as needed. This apparently doesn't hurt or damage your teeth but it is probably the part that makes me the most nervous.



My bottom teeth are more crowded and if there are an problems with my treatment, I think this will be where it happens. The idea is to push all of my lower teeth out, to provide more room for them.







One of advantages of the Invisalign treatment, as opposed to braces, is the ability to see exactly what your teeth will look like at the end. They make all of your aligners at the same time so they have the mould of the final masterpiece and can put together a computer generated video of what your teeth will look like.

After watching this video I was sold. $7500 later my Invisalign treatment confirmed, aligners ordered and all I had to do was wait for them to arrive and get things underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment